I set the intention today to write a blog. I had numerous ideas floating around in my head that I thought would be great to share with everyone, but the more that I wrote, the less impressed I was with my own musings. It would seem that I had turned into a bit of a whinger, and let me explain why. My blog ideas were:
- Why I hadn’t written a blog last week (because we were sick, poor me)
- That I am now a walking zombie because I’m so sleep deprived (again, poor me)
- Why I hate Centrelink’s online services (this is because apparently I don’t know the answers to my own secret questions, go figure).
As you can see I have developed a poor me complex, and if it’s annoying to me then it’s definitely going to be annoying to you. So I tried turning my brain around and making the negatives into a positive, and it seems that I’m not alone. Where ever you look now it seems that everyone is posting, blogging, updating, etc, the reasons why they should be grateful; maybe it’s not such a bad thing? So now it’s my turn to be positive and grateful for what I have; so here goes.
- I had a cold, big deal. I have friends dealing with far greater illnesses than that, and no amount of Panadol is going to make them feel better.
- Yes, I’m sleep deprived, but I have a beautiful baby girl. I have far too many friends out there struggling to have a baby of their own and I’m sure they’d give anything to be woken up at 2am to the sound of their baby crying.
- Everyone hate’s Centrelink!
And that’s not all I’m grateful for. I’m grateful for my friends and family, for my home and the neighbourhood I live in. I’m grateful that I get to live in one of the most amazing countries in the world (I think sometimes we all forget how great this place is). I am grateful for the food that we eat, and the warm bed that I get to sleep in, that I have a job and an income. I am grateful for everything that I have in my life right now, and when those negative thoughts start returning I just need to remember these things.
I would like to add one more thing that I am grateful for, and that is you. Thank you for taking some time out of your day and reading my ramblings, it means the world to me